sobota 25. května 2013

Arisaemas in the Garden

This year I planted Arisaemas into the soil (in the garden) first time. In the earlier years, I've only grown them in pots, but I did not avoid the problem with tubers rotting. We'll see how this season goes well. So far, the plants keep quite well. I worry what will be the course of the weather. It was bad enough that it was quite a long winter. Long winter was followed by a relatively rainy weather and the next weeks weather forecast does not look good. Tubers are planted about 6 square meters. Garden soil I have modified 500 liters Baltic peat and gravel (100 kilograms, fraction:  4-8 mm ). Tubers I put on the gravel and I sprinkled them with crushed charcoal and then backfilled the hole with the soil. If the sun is shining I cover the plants with a netting that have 50% light transmission.




Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat